Some quick thoughts:
- Man December really lacked running. Ski time. And actually some Crossfit. Yup.
- July consisted of the most biking (road) I've done in at least 5 years, plus a couple pacing stints
- Truly enjoyed the bike, and watching Le Tour
- End Aug wknd / start Sept wknd was the best 4-day stint with Millywood. Hands down.
- Spring felt really solid with a healthy number of workouts
- Getting sick in early May put a huge damper on my States momentum and psyche
- Western States 100 was fun, but mildly disappointing not PRing in the distance
- The Quad ruled, per usual
- Loved pacing Elan at TRT100, Earp at Never Summer, and Dmitri at das Bear
- Want to start volunteering at races again
- I not only feel like an adult but believe I actually am one now. I did home improvements instead of running today.
This year saw a record-number of activity hours (minus 2014's absurd 631hrs). Vert and miles were down from 2018. It would be really nice to get closer to 3,000 running miles in 2020, but I'm just not sure that'll happen with skiing and ample work travel planned. 2019 was a good running year. What will 2020 hold? Hopefully two extra-long efforts over 20 hours. Maybe a couple 10ks. Hopefully consistency. The year's started with me getting sick from New Years, but I'll take being sick in January over being sick in May.
Cheers to a new decade!
|Earp & Dmitri coming off Kessler, looking for an ancinet trail|