So now I've put in an eight week training block of which I'm proud. It wasn't excessive but it was enough for me to feel like I'm in shape and can indeed travel 100 miles on two feet without being completely miserable. Without further ado in short-form, here are my pre p2p 2015 thoughts.
- I'm excited. P2P is special for multiple reasons. I'm itching to go. I want it.
- I'm low-key confident I'm going to finish. It'll be hard at some point...points ;)
- I'm curious. Second year running the course, I know where to play it smart. I think I was in better shape last year though.
- I want to be able to run well the last 25 miles.
- I am a bit scared of the heat. Temps look to be pushing 100. San Francisco gets to a crazy hot 80 degrees...like three times this summer. I've had some heat runs, but I think right now my body is in cold mode. I'll employ heat-management tactics opposed to heat-training.
- Two of my favorite people are coming to crew: Wyatt Earp & Keely Kangaroo Henninger!
- A surprise appearance by David D-Mack Macanick might be joining the crew!
- Looks to be a decent field of runners. I'd love a top ten, but an enjoyable sub 24 hours is more important. I can only do as well as I can on the day I'm given.